1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment, and Inappropriate Content: Mute / IP-Mute
Many communities are composed of different backgrounds and beliefs, and we take the value of equality seriously. Remember that each person will take an insult differently depending on these values.
The use of inappropriate and/or disrespectful language towards another player surrounding their beliefs, race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. is unacceptable. Harassing members is not tolerated. While we have an ignore system, we expect members to act civilly towards each other. Any form of hate speech will result in an automatic mute without warning.
Accusing other players of breaking rules also falls into this category, and is a mutable offense. This includes, but is not limited to, accusing another player of scamming, hacking, botting, or otherwise breaking any rules.
2. Advertising: Permanent Ban
Advertisement of another RSPS related community is strictly forbidden and a permanent removal of the community will be issued. There will be no chance of appeal!
3. Spamming: Mute / Temporary Ban
Spamming (of any ill intent kind) on Intensity will not be permitted, those who do not comply wit this rule will be dealt with accordingly by the staff members of Intensity. We should all be acting as mature as we can while on Intensity, those who continue to do such will be removed from in-game and the Intensity Discord if needed.
a. Yell should not be abused under any circumstances, take a few seconds between each yell and send another message.
b. Auto-typers are not allowed for yell channel nor public chat.
4. Sketchy Links, Hacking, and Threats: NO WARNING PERMANENT BAN
a. Sketchy, ill intent links are never allowed on the server, we expect links to open up to us what it was advertised for. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a permanent removal from the community.
b. Threatening members that will put their life, or any other forms will be an instant removal from the game and Discord.
d. Sharing private and personal information anywhere on the server will not be tolerated by any means.
5. Ban/Mute Evasion: Temporary Ban / IP-Ban
Punishments that are handed out towards members are done for a reason, trying to avoid said punishment by evading will result in a further punishment.
6. Third Party Software: Temporary Ban
The use of third party software that allows a member to have an unfair advantage in any way will result in a 72 hour appeal-able ban.
7. Real World Trading: NO WARNING BAN - Depending on offense & account
The buying or selling of in-game gold, items, or services is not allowed. However, you CAN purchase in-game services with IN GAME GOLD, but nothing else of the sort.
a. Purchasing or Selling of any in-game accounts or currency will not be permitted on the forums/discord/or in-game. The ban will be a permanent ban on the account doing the action for first offense, the second offense will result in an IP ban that is not appealable.
b. Attempting to real world trade, and being caught in the attempt is also not tolerated and will be treated as if you acted upon the offense.
8. Bug Abuse: Permanent Ban / IP-Ban
Abuse of a bug or glitch that allows a player to somehow have an advantage over another or the server itself is not tolerated. Any bugs abused will ill intent will result in a ban.
9. Inappropriate Language: 3 Strike Offense
Topics, posts, PMs etc. that are directed at a single member, or group, to either defame them of their reputation, character or to simply insult, flame them directly etc., will result in infractions or a ban from the forum.
10. Scamming: Temporary Ban
Note: if there isn't enough evidence to prove that someone has scammed you then unfortunately there isn't much that we can do, so make sure to gain evidence and be careful. We as a team will still spend time trying to get to the bottom of the alleged scam.
Scamming is the act of stealing money, items, or accounts from another player through deception or trickery.
Scamming other players is not tolerated. This includes not paying up while at the gambling zone, tricking other players into giving you items or luring them for their items. Make sure when you are doing an activity like gambling to screen record or take screenshots to prove that the other player is or has scammed you, This makes it a lot easier for staff to help prove that you did indeed get scammed and we can give out the punishment deserved to the other player and your items back.
How to avoid being scammed:
If a deal seems too good to be true, it is probably a scam.
Always check the trade window to verify which items are being traded.
Make sure you know the price of the items you trade; people can overprice items. Ask in cc the price of the item or check ::price for a rough idea of pricing.
If a person requires you to trade them the items first, before trading items back in a second separate trade, it is probably a scam: if a trade can be made in a single trade, there is no reason for the trade to be made in two. This includes trust trading.
Never drop items you are not willing to lose.
Gambling is allowed in game so to reduce the amount of scams we advise players to record and or take screenshots to avoid other players from scamming you.
Do not bring items you are not willing to lose into the Wilderness or PvP worlds. Avoid trading in these areas.
Loaning out items to other players:
Loaning items to other players is allowed and wont result in any punishment. Just remember to prove that you have indeed loaned out an item to another player via screenshots of the conversation to minimize being scammed. If there is no evidence to prove that you did loan out the item then there is very little we can do, this falls under their word vs yours. If you loan out an item and then that player quits or gets banned once again without evidence there is very little we can do about it.
In other words, yes you can loan out items, BUT this is at your OWN risk.
11. Wilderness multi-logging / farming: Temporary Ban
You can have a maximum of 2 accounts in the wilderness.
The act of using 2 or more accounts to attack yourself is against the rules and will result in a ban, and you will be required to appeal to have this removed. (This will of course be discussed within the staff team).
Farming bounty hunter points or wilderness kills with a second account, or another player, is also against the rules and will result in all accounts involved the farming being banned. You will be required to appeal to have the ban removed.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
Due to players intentionally disconnecting themselves and the risk of players doing the aforementioned, a new definition to the rule commonly known as "dc = rm / rf" will be added. If a player is to:
- Disconnect after performing all possible special attacks of the stake (which leaves them in a situation where they would be just "poking / stabbing / slashing" or what have you, the person who disconnected midfight will not have to be refunded, as they will not have been at any disadvantage during the stake. This also goes for disconnecting with auto-retaliate off. This is your responsibility to remember to have auto-retaliate on in case of any disconnections, any claims of losing because of a disconnection and not having auto-retaliate on are not acceptable, as this cannot be proven.
- Disconnect after beginning (beginning = attacking their opponent resulting in them matching each others pid) a stake which requires no switching weapons / special attacking (i.e., a whip only stake or a boxing match), the person who disconnected midfight will not have to be refunded as they will not have been at any disadvantage.
- Disconnect at a point in time where they are at no discernible disadvantage (IE, after all special attacks have been done / they have both begun attacking / no further weapon switching is required) throughout the stake,Ã‚ the person who disconnected midfight will not have to be refunded as they will not have been at any disadvantage.
To further clarify, the "dc = rm / rf" rule will only be applied to the stake when there is:
- Video proof of the disconnection occurring,
- Evidence to show that the disconnection occurred at a point in time which hindered the person who disconnected's ability to have a fair fight throughout the stake.
As always, please record ALL stakes, it makes issues regarding stakes much easier to resolve.
Donations should not be staked unless a staff member is there to middle man these items - (holds the items that are being staked against the donation) for the stake; players found staking donations without a staff member can result in scamming, and this is not prohibited (if you do so you will not be refunded)
A death to poison directly after a stake ends, while the victor is in the winnings / rewards interface will now count as a double death and will hence have to be treated as a double death.