BoomScape Updates - Zalcano & Nex Drop System Adjustments, Scurry Changes, and Bug Fixes

James

Mining_Zalcano.webp

Event: Zalcano, the Imprisoned Demon!

The first 3 players to get the Smolcano Pet will be receiving rewards in the following order:

• 🏆 1st Place: 300 Bonds
  • 🥈 2nd Place: 200 Bonds
  • 🥉 3rd Place: 100 Bonds

Since no one has claimed the pet yet, a bounty has been placed! Zalcano is a group boss, and everyone has a chance to receive a pet roll if they hit the minimum damage threshold, regardless of MVP status. You can now teleport to Zalcano through the Nexus Teleportation at home with no stat requirement.

Good luck to all participants! The base pet rate is 1/1,000!

New Additions

• You no longer need to be MVP to receive a Scurry roll, encouraging mass participation.
    • Cheese is now edible from Scurrius.
  • Zalcano Adjustments:
    • Zalcano now spawns on server startup.
    • The drop system for Zalcano has been updated to the new system used for most custom bosses.
    • Damage dealt during the mining phase now contributes to your total damage count.
  • Nex Adjustments:
    • Nex’s drop system has been adjusted to use the new damage calculation system due to previous drop-related issues.
    • Added a plaque to the Nex waiting room.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Zalcano’s drop system by upgrading to the new custom boss drop system.
  • Corrected how player attributes were saved, ensuring that PoH attributes like the Boss Display are now properly saved.
  • Fixed an issue where cannons could not be deployed.

Backend Changes

• Added a method for handling pet drops and migrated some older bosses to the new system.
  • Implemented a check to prevent an error from occurring and fixed an issue with API functionality.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

When the stones fall from the ceiling that attack can stack twice on the same tile because the interval between them is so short. I could be wrong but it also seems like the mage and range hits are moving faster than intended. When using melee on mobile I still get hit even if I pray on time.

3 hours ago, Guthix said:

When the stones fall from the ceiling that attack can stack twice on the same tile because the interval between them is so short. I could be wrong but it also seems like the mage and range hits are moving faster than intended. When using melee on mobile I still get hit even if I pray on time.

Ah I see what you mean, the range/mage hits are the exact same speed as OSRS though

3 hours ago, Guthix said:

What is this new system for bosses? The MVP having the highest drop rate while others have it slightly lower?

It's just a damageMap we have, and can extract players by the damage dealt, certain bosses the MVP will have better rates

10 hours ago, James said:

Ah I see what you mean, the range/mage hits are the exact same speed as OSRS though

I've noticed a delay after clicking  to switch prayers causing my prayers to switch on the same tick that I'm attacked and receive damage. Not really a tech kinda guy so Idk if it's server lag or poor internet on my end. I appreciate the work that you're doing either way though.